I realize this blog was intended to be all about Lilly, however with living in Korea now and a new baby on the way, the focus of this blog is shifting a little. I find a lot of friends and family are curious about our life here, so I want to share some of the things we encounter and do. Hopefully, you will continue to enjoy the blog!
Most restaurants in Korea have delivery service and all deliver using a motor bike of some sort. McDonald's in no exception!
We took the expressway for the first time to head to our friend's on the other side of the city. It was much faster than going through the city, but there are a few tolls and we accidentally blew by one of them in the fast pass lane. This is a sign to get on the expressway near our apartment. I love the various arrows.
We found an indoor play area for Lilly 2 blocks from the apartment. We have taken her a couple of times. It's really nice for her to get some energy out and be around other kids. She has been "jumping" around the apartment now.
 |
These trampolines are even fun for us! Lilly is still learning how to jump.
|
On the weekends, Daddy likes to dress Lilly and he wanted her to match him, so I had to take a picture of the adidas twins.
This weekend we went to E World, which is an amusement park in Daegu. They have a tower you can go in and see a nice view of the city, along with many restaurants. (We can actually see the Tower from one of our windows, so it's pretty close) I had seen online they offer various activities so we went to check it out. The amusement park was still open, including a water ride, but it was pretty cold so we didn't attempt any rides. We went to the tower and in the skyway cable car. We were surprised to see lots of lights, Santas and Christmas trees! It was a nice evening and got us into the holiday spirit.
 |
| The entrance into the park. |
 |
| E World Tower |
 |
| One of the many lights along the pathway |
 |
| Deer |
 |
| Very pretty and well decorated tree! |
 |
| Inside the food court. Lilly kept saying "on" but this was just a cardboard cut out. |
 |
| These are a very popular treat in Korea. At first we thought it was something fish related, but it's not, just for some reason in a fish mold. The inside is a cream type filling using either a red bean (kind of sweet like a chocolate) or this one has a white filling, just as good. They are served warm and have waffle type texture. |
 |
| Lilly enjoying a chicken and rice dish. In the background is a hamburger diner, where Ramon and I got burgers... still not very adventurous to the new cuisine! |
 |
| Two of the MANY Santas that work at E World. Obviously, they are Korean, which means they make a very skinny Santa! Lilly would say "Santa" but when they would come over to her she would start to get scared. |
 |
| A model of the tower inside the actual tower |
 |
| View of the city |
 |
| Another "Korean" thing, everyone loves to give the peace sign when taking a picture. I have noticed this occurring starting with very small children and even in formal family pictures . I will have to research the reason why this is so popular here. |
 |
| Looking out in the cable car |
 |
| Another nicely decorated tree |
 |
| This lined one of the entrances and at first glance, looks really pretty. When I actually looked at it, it's cabbage, green and purple, they use as flowers during the winter. Not sure how long it lasts, but I have seen this in a few different places. |
 |
| Polar bear outside the indoor ice skating rink |

|
| The indoor ice skating rink. It looked very nice and rentals are cheap. If I wasn't pregnant, we probably would have had to try it! |
I'm glad you are blogging about life in Korea. And I love all the Asian Santas! She looks so big!
ReplyDeleteYou look great, Jen! The picture of the E-World sign makes me think it's some other type of place! ;)
ReplyDelete