Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Seoul and Dog/Cat Cafe

A couple of weeks ago Ramon had to go to Seoul for work and we were able to go along with him. The Army post there has a very nice hotel, which has numerous restaurants, playground and even spa (I cashed in on my birthday gift of massage here). We were able to see the Seoul Lantern Festival , which is a display of hundreds handmade lanterns that tell a story on the main stream downtown. It was very busy when we went, but we enjoyed all the lights.






Recently, I have been try to venture out and meet some new people. I found some girls through a local military page on Facebook that wanted to go downtown Daegu to visit a dog and cat cafĂ©. This is a place similar to the play areas they have here for kids, except it's for cat and dogs. You pay about 8.00 which includes about 2 hours of visiting time and a free coffee/tea/juice of your choice. They created these for people who aren't able to have pets in their homes to get their "fix." It's a great concept, however, keep in mind the dogs are not taken outside, which means their business is done wherever and whenever they feel like it. The staff is very good at cleaning up these messes promptly and the facility smells and looks very clean. The other concern I had, was they had a booklet which told us not to pet the cats that have ribbons around their necks,  because they are sick. Well almost all of the cats had ribbons and I was wondering what kind of sickness they actually had. I also don't know if the animals receive regular veterinarian care, etc. But it was something different to do, and the Koreans that were visiting, didn't seem to mind the "sick" animals laying all over them. Lilly had a great time chasing all the cats around, but seemed a little shy with the dogs. They were wanting to lick her face and be all over her.









 


 
 
We decided to try to transition Lilly to the toddler bed we got for free from someone Ramon works with. We figured since she wasn't sleeping through the night in her crib, might as well put her in the bed and not wait until she sleeps all night (if she ever does at this point!). Usually between 2 and 4 a.m we hear little feet wander into our room and she comes into bed with us. We are working on breaking this habit all together...baby steps!
 

Ramon told me he is waiting for the bed to collapse when I do this!

 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Dog/Cat Cafe?! First of all, I was thinking something much worse when I saw that title. Secondly, wth? Thirdly, who owns these animals? Fourthly, sick cats?

    I love the picture of you two on the bed because it looks like you're reading to the doll and Lilly's just waiting for you to get out of her bed.

    ReplyDelete