Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Zachary Robert

We welcomed Zach on April 11, 2014 at 9:20 A.M. He weighed 4300 grams (using a phone app we converted that to 9lbs 5oz) and was 22 inches long. Giving birth in Korea was a much different experience. The language barrier was a little difficult during our recovery stay but we managed. I was in labor for only 3 hours, all natural again, even though at one point I begged Ramon to tell them I wanted an epidural. Luckily, he kept encouraging me to wait and Zach was born a short 30 minutes later.

The gown was a lot better than the ones that tie in the back.

Ramon had to put a gown on too.

The view from the birthing bed. It was a painting, not the actual sky.

Birthing room

Zachary!

Ramon was a great coach!


Zach was wrapped in about 4 blankets


Had to take a picture of my "American" food. I was asked if I wanted Korean or American meals; they did pretty good.

Lilly meeting her brother for the first time!

Grandma and Grandson




My dinner the first night

In Korean culture they don't let the babies room in with them. The babies are sent to the nursery for the entire stay and if you want to see your baby, you have to go to the nursery window at specific times and the nurses will hold up the baby for you. Since Americans have to go to the local hospitals, the hospitals have become more Westernized and accommodate our requests. We were able to have Zach in our room the whole time, but we were frowned upon when we asked for a fan and had the windows open. Typically, Koreans keep the rooms and baby very warm and covered.




Going home outfit


Going home with the blanket Grandma made

The name of the hospital

The hospital

First day home

Zach and Lilly doing tummy time


First Bath



Tired boys!

First time in the swing


1 comment:

  1. I love the plate of grape tomatoes! lol! Good job on blogging! He's so cute :)

    ReplyDelete